[uae] native libraries for uae

  • From: Jochen Becher <jochen_becher@xxxxxx>
  • To: UAE <uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 19:49:13 +0200

 Hi,

when we made AmigaXL (uae for qnx) at Haage&Partner we invented a
concept of "native libraries": An Amiga library called some functions
(NATIVE_CallFunction, NATIVE_CallFunctionAsync, NATIVE_WaitFunction) to
communicate with some native shared objects (via uae). This allowed us
to add features without changing the source of uae (like AHI, serial,
parallel, printer driver). This doesn't help with running games but is
useful if you use uae for your "real" work.

Is there enough interest in those things that I should re-implement this
concept?

Regards, Jochen