[uae] Re: native libraries for uae

  • From: romek41@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 05 Apr 2007 18:40:11 +0200

>  Hi,
>
> when we made AmigaXL (uae for qnx) at Haage&Partner we invented a
> concept of "native libraries": An Amiga library called some functions
> (NATIVE_CallFunction, NATIVE_CallFunctionAsync, NATIVE_WaitFunction) to
> communicate with some native shared objects (via uae). This allowed us
> to add features without changing the source of uae (like AHI, serial,
> parallel, printer driver). This doesn't help with running games but is
> useful if you use uae for your "real" work.
>
> Is there enough interest in those things that I should re-implement
> this concept?

That would be great - possibilities are endless: AHI, USB, TV card, faster
mpega.library, FreeType, OGG Vorbis playback,... It would be also interesting
to have posibility to execute native x86/AMD64 code from within the emulator -
to use the host CPU as some kind of accelerator, similar to PowerPC boards on
real Amiga. AfaOS could make great use of such feature :)

Plan to połowa sukcesu.
Sprawdz na >>> http://link.interia.pl/f1a41