[uae] how to use UAE with 892 x 672 pixels resolution or any other resolution you desire

  • From: Martin Steigerwald <Martin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 22:30:23 +0100

Hello,

today I defined a screen mode that is a little less than 1024 x 768 to
avoid that the UAE window overlaps with my KDE toolbars. I used 896 x 672
(1/8 less than 1024 x 768).

First I simply tried reducing the size in ScreenMode. But that didn't make
the UAE window smaller. Then I tried using 800x600 screenmode with the
custom size 896 x 672 in ScreenMode. This gave my a crash of E-UAE during
booting AmigaOS.

Well then I tried Picasso96Mode. I created a new setting, attached it to
uaegfx and after some tries on how the whole stuff works I just created
one resolution 896 x 672 with 8 bit and 32 bit modes and a display ID
base of $6000 to avoid clashes with the builtin uaegfx modes that for
some reason did not show up in Picasso96Mode at all.

Now this works as expected and I have all the builtin uaegfx mode and that
new nice 896x672 which fits nicely onto my 1024 x 768 KDE 3.4 desktop
while not being as small as 800x600 ;-).

Maybe there is cleaner approach to also get the builtin uaegfx modes into
Picasso96Mode?

Regards,