[uae] Re: how to use UAE with 892 x 672 pixels resolution or any other resolution you desire

  • From: Karl Dietrich Bamler <amiga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 02:38:10 +0200

On Saturday, 26. March 2005 22:30, Martin Steigerwald wrote:

Hello Martin.

> today I defined a screen mode that is a little less than 1024 x 768 to
> avoid that the UAE window overlaps with my KDE toolbars. I used 896 x 672
> (1/8 less than 1024 x 768).

This is exactly what i also tryed to do, for the same reasons. I also use KDE
and i also prefer the windowed mode to the fullscreen.

And like you i want to have a slightly smaller UAE Window that fits perfectly
into my desktop next to the desktop icons and the Kicker bar.

> Well then I tried Picasso96Mode. I created a new setting, attached it to
> uaegfx and after some tries on how the whole stuff works I just created
> one resolution 896 x 672 with 8 bit and 32 bit modes and a display ID
> base of $6000 to avoid clashes with the builtin uaegfx modes that for
> some reason did not show up in Picasso96Mode at all.

This works?

Wow, i always thought that Picasso96Mode doesn't work with UAE!?!
I knew it worked with Amithlon...but......

i am so stupid! Arggghhhh! (knocking my head on my desk)

> Maybe there is cleaner approach to also get the builtin uaegfx modes into
> Picasso96Mode?

Har har, cleaner approach .... do you want to know what i used to do to get a
smaller screenmode? I patched the resolution settings inside the sourcecodes.
Everytime i got a new version.

My goodness!

thanks a lot!

kadi