[uae] Re: euae-qt

  • From: Richard Drummond <evilrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2007 10:34:16 -0400

Hi Ivo

Not had a chance to look over your code yet. I'll do so over the weekend.

On Saturday 02 June 2007 08:17:18 Ivo Couckuyt wrote:
> e-uae has several frontends available
> it is just a matter of choosing which one you want to use
> currently the following gui's are found in e-uae's code, dont know if
> they all work (some are remains of uae)
> - gui-beos
> - gui-cocoa
> - gui-gtk (current one)
> - gui-muirexx
> - gui-none
> - gui-qt (which i just added)

Most of those "guis" only support dialogs - alerts and file dialogs. Only
the "gtk" one actually has a configuration GUI at the moment.

> Drummond: i'm wondering, are there any plans of integrating winuae and
> e-uae (keeping winuae advanced features separate of course) ? so uae
> core changes would be benefetial for both windows and linux. don't know
> anything about it, so don't shoot me if i'm talking nonsense :)

Not at the moment. Toni has taken code from E-UAE when it was useful for him,
and of course E-UAE takes code from WinUAE too. (BTW, You can even build a
win32 version of E-UAE using mingw32 and SDL.) However, there are some
problems I want to solve (e.g., rewriting the graphics layer - working on
that now) before evn thinking about integrating WinUAE.

Richard Drummond

Web:  http://www.rcdrummond.net/
Mail: mailto:evilrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx