[uae] Re: Some Progress With the Cocoa GUI

  • From: Steven Saunders <s_j_nevets@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 13:17:00 +1000 (EST)

> I'm experimenting with other timer mechanisms (rather than just
> using the x86 TSC or the PPC timebase counter) at the moment.
> This is in part for people with systems that do frequency scaling.
> Anyway, it will probably be possible to remove the start-up timer
> calibration entirely from the OS X version.

Sounds good. Looking forward to it.

> It's up to you. If you plan to merge your new code with the main
> E-UAE tree, then you may as well call it E-UAE. If not, it may
> make sense to differentiate it. Having said that, there's probably
> already quite enough different flavours of UAE around to confuse
> everybody. ;-)

Yeah, I agree :-) I'm definitely planning to commit this code back
into the EUAE cvs, although I anticipate some problems, as some of
the changes I will be making in future will require that EUAE be an
application bundle, rather than a command-line executable. Being able
to launch directly into EUAE by double-clicking a config file in the
Finder, for example, is a feature that only works for the app bundle
version. At present the code shouldn't cause any problems for the
command line version, but future changes will need to check, somehow,
whether the command-line version or the app-bundle version is being
built/used.

Would you be happy to distribute this version with the others on your
website?

__
Steve Saunders

http://au.movies.yahoo.com