[uae] Re: Some Progress With the Cocoa GUI

  • From: Richard Drummond <evilrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 08:47:27 -0500

Hi Steve

On Sunday 17 April 2005 10:17 pm, Steven Saunders wrote:
> Yeah, I agree :-) I'm definitely planning to commit this code back
> into the EUAE cvs, although I anticipate some problems, as some of
> the changes I will be making in future will require that EUAE be an
> application bundle, rather than a command-line executable.

I wanted to do this anyway. I just hadn't got around to making the changes
necessary to build script to do it. It's on the ever-growing to-do list.

> Being able
> to launch directly into EUAE by double-clicking a config file in the
> Finder, for example, is a feature that only works for the app bundle
> version. At present the code shouldn't cause any problems for the
> command line version, but future changes will need to check, somehow,
> whether the command-line version or the app-bundle version is being
> built/used.

Would there still be a need to support the command-line?

This perhaps should be a compile-time option - when building a OS X binary
either you're building a Cocoa app (sans command-line parsing) or you're
building a vanilla Unix app (which accepts command-line arguments). In fact,
keeping the option to build the latter would only really be necessary for
users of one of the Darwin-based Unix distros.

> Would you be happy to distribute this version with the others on your
> website?

Most definitely. :-)

Cheers,
Rich