[uae] Re: Linux E-UAE 0.8.28 and serial

  • From: Bernd Stuht <stuht@xxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2006 20:12:40 +0100

Am Sonntag 26 November 2006 15:08 schrieb Toni Wilen:
> > The Win UAE is about 30 % slower than the Linux UAE Version.
>
> Highly unlikely.

Why ;-) same Hardware - same Programm Linux is faster...

> How are you measuring it? Did you create the configuration from scratch?
yes - all to clone my Amiga as close as possible

I felt that it is slower, then i have started the Amigaprogramm Sysinfo
and the Output is about 30% slower under Windows ( Mips )

> (moving "high end" configurations from non-WinUAE to WinUAE or vice
> versa usually does not work very well because of differences in
> supported "expansion" features etc..)

edited with the uaegui of winuae, no experiments... i have tryed to clone
only some Parts of the winuaeconfig to the .uaerc ( related to serial )

> Usual issue in WinUAE "high end" JIT modes is too high activate priority
> (normal or below normal is good) and/or CPU idle adjustment is needed
> (2-3 steps to right is ok usually)

Not the Problem... i only want to bring up the serial Interface until my
Amiga 3000/040 is reinstalled ( in my new Home ).
Not the Problem Nr.2 - i will not use Windows, if the Emu does not work
for me, i will use other Programms under Linux, but i like the Amiga
very much also, so it would be fine to get it working.

Bernd