[uae] Re: Linux E-UAE 0.8.28 and serial

  • From: Toni Wilen <twilen@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2006 22:21:07 +0200

>>> The Win UAE is about 30 % slower than the Linux UAE Version.
>>>
>>> Highly unlikely.
>>
>Why ;-) same Hardware - same Programm Linux is faster...

Raw CPU speed depends on OS, yeah right.. (and you used program that only measures CPU speed)

Not saying anything anymore because I don't like OS wars.

I felt that it is slower, then i have started the Amigaprogramm Sysinfo
and the Output is about 30% slower under Windows ( Mips )

Sysinfo gives completely bogus results under emulation (even tiny emulation timing adjustment can change Sysinfo's result by 100%..)

Only way to measure emulation performance is to run some real task (for example compressing big lha archive) and use a stop watch. Clock inside
emulation is not reliable for speed testing.