[uae] Re: Finally all works in OS X Intel

  • From: Richard Drummond <evilrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 21:27:34 -0400

Hi

On Monday 08 May 2006 18:59, SukkoPera wrote:
> Actually this happens on Linux, as well. From what I've heard, the cdrecord
> Makefiles trigger an error in GNU make. cdrecord's author reported the bug
> years ago, but none of the make developers fixed it. They say the bug is in
> the makefiles. Therefore I guess we'll have this bug forever.

I've noticed warnings about this bug before, but it's never failed to build
for me.

> Anyway, it seems to me that, apart from those strange messages, cdrecord
> gets built fine. There's even a warning at the beginning of the compilation
> which suggests using smake instead of make, but I've never had any problems
> with the cdrecord builds I did.

Same here.

Anyway, the game plan stays the same: not to use libscg on OS X and Linux.
It's still useful for supporting other Unix flavours (and I suspect it works
lot better there too), because I'm not inclined to write a SCSI back-end for
every other variety of Linux, even if I had the time.