[uae] Re: Sound jitter problems

  • From: "Lorenzo Di Gaetano" <thething@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "uae" <uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 18:04:06 +0200

> Then I would suspect your ALSA driver is broken. What sound hardware do you
> have?

Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS

> Can you try a newer kernel or a different sound card to see if that makes any
> difference?

I have the latest kernel! :S I cannot try a different sound card, but I think
I've a good sound card... Every other program that uses sound card doesn't have
this kind of issue...

> The dmix plug-in won't get used by the OSS emulation. If that doesn't work,
> then it's not the dmix overhead that's causing problems.

I don't think it's a CPU overhead that causes the problem, because in gnome
I've the CPU usage and during the emulation it stays about on 25% - 30% CPU
Usage, I think that an Athlon64 3500+ with 2Gb DDR Ram is fully capable of
emulating a 7Mhz 68000... :S

Thank you again.

Lorenzo