[uae] Re: E-UAE on PalmOS

  • From: Richard Drummond <evilrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 20:10:25 -0500

Hi Henk

On Wednesday 06 April 2005 06:37 am, Henk Jonas wrote:
> I've ported E-UAE (partly) to Palm OS and found some issues regarding
> memory access:

Good for you.

> I've defined ADDRESS_SPACE_24BIT mainly to get the structs smaller and
> save some memory on Palm OS. This leads to MEMORY_BANKS 256 in memory.h
> I now found that WB 1.3 and several games try to access memory outside
> the 24 bit range. This leads to crashes on Palm OS and core dumps on
> Linux.

Hmmm. Yes. I see the problem. Thanks for pointing it out. I must confess I
hadn't tested this before.

> I've fixed it with:
>
> STATIC_INLINE uae_u32 get_long(uaecptr addr)
> {
>  if ((addr >> 16) < MEMORY_BANKS)
>      return longget_1(addr);
>  else
>   return 0;
> ... <SNIP>

That looks like it'd do the trick.

That header (and it's machine-specific associates) could use a little cleaning
up, anyway. There's lots of junk in there that's not used any more. I'll see
what I can do...

BTW, what compiler are you using to do the PalmOS build?