[uae] Re: Direct or indirect - that is the question (was Re: MacOSX Intel supports JIT?)

  • From: Richard Drummond <evilrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 22:02:18 -0400

Hi Daniel

On Friday 23 March 2007 06:04, Daniel Pimley wrote:
> I support 3 states in Hi-Toro: indirect, direct, after Picasso,
> written as "direct", "indirect" and "afterPic" in the configuration
> file. Firstly am I correct in writing these out as strings?

There are four options:
comp_trustbyte=
comp_trustword=
comp_trustlong=
comp_trustnaddr=

They can be set to:
direct
indirect
indirectKS
afterPic

Yeah. They should be string values, not numeric values as I mentioned earlier.

> I've
> tested without errors from E-UAE but of course my JIT is permanently
> disabled on my PowerPC Mac so I can't be sure I am doing it right.

These options are ignored unless the JIT is built in, which it ain't yet on
anything except x86 machines...

> Secondly it seems from your email that there may be a fourth
> "kickstart" mode in addition to the three modes I currently support.
> Is this correct, and if so how do I set comp_trust to "kickstart" mode?

See above: 'indirectKS'.

Richard Drummond

Web:  http://www.rcdrummond.net/
Mail: mailto:evilrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx