[uae] Beginnings of a Cocoa GUI for the Mac OS X SDL version

  • From: Steven Saunders <s_j_nevets@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 12:03:32 +1000 (EST)

Hi All,

I have created the barest beginnings of a Cocoa GUI for the Mac OS X
version. Currently it only provides a couple of things. The first is
a simple alert window for the gui_message() call, and the second is a
File Requestor window when you need to insert a new disk image in one
of the floppy drives (i.e. after you've pressed, for example F11-F1.)
This second feature makes the previously GUI-less SDL version
*vastly* more useful, since you can now actually run games/demos that
require floppy swapping.

It's not threaded at the moment, so both the dialogs are modal (UAE
will freeze while waiting for you to select a floppy to insert.)

I hope this will prove useful to Mac users. Can I send the source
somewhere (email it to you, Richard?) to have it included with future
builds of the SDL Mac OS X version?

Steve Saunders.

http://au.movies.yahoo.com