[uae] Re: Beginnings of a Cocoa GUI for the Mac OS X SDL version

  • From: Richard Drummond <evilrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 22:09:39 -0500

Hi Fred

On Friday 03 September 2004 07:28 am, Fred Itschner wrote:
> I have tried it and got a good result. The keys now work almost all
> correctly on a german keyboard. Thank you so much for your work.

You're welcome.

> Now I
> can work with UAE on my Mac PowerBook just as before on the Amiga
> itself. The few exeptions are shown on my screenshot taken from edit
> pad and keyshow on UAE. The red boxed keys do not show correctly.

I will try to fix these.

> Also
> the command key on the mac does not emulate the Amiga keys. However it
> works already much better, thanks again.

The command key works here. I have an old Mac with an ADB keyboard, however,
and both left and right modifier keys produce the same scan code on this
keyboard. At the moment in UAE they are both mapped to the left version of
the key - e.g., both left and right option are mapped to the left Amiga key
(in reality, it would be more useful to have them both mapped to the right
Amiga key). I have a suspicion that on newer keyboards - USB keyboards and
possibly laptops - that is not the case. I need to do some investigation into
this matter.