[u3aavcuss] Re: Vista Error Code 8E5E03FA

  • From: "Betty Sharp" <betty.sharp181@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <u3aavcuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2012 16:18:51 +0100

 Dear Friends,

Thank you Ron & Rosemary, I value CUSS support.  18 out of the 20 updates have
now installed successfully, ( these were mainly MS Office updates)  but the two
most important Windows Vista Security Updates are still failing to install. I
printed a report from the Microsoft Fix it website which states:

"Default Windows update data locations have changed: The location where Windows
Update stores data has changed & must be repaired.

Repair default Windows update locations: Change Windows update locations to
Windows Default settings"

How do I attempt to do this?

I had to undertake a System Restore on 11 July & am now wondering if it may
have caused this recent update problem?

As yet, I have not undertaken the 9 instructions in italic font, in your email,
I'm reluctant to do so for the time being as I have no way of backing up my
entire computer & am concerned in case I lose data.

I am keen, though, to download & install  the two Windows Vista Security
Updates - KB 2731847 and KB 2705219

Any support / guidance  re The location where Windows Update stores data has
changed & must be repaired.
Change Windows update locations to Windows Default settings"  would be
gratefully appreciated.
With thanks and kind regards,
Betty