[u3aavcuss] Re: Photo Storage

  • From: "Peter and Jean Ashton" <peterandjeanashton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <u3aavcuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 10:02:42 -0000

I am in general agreement with Jim with the following provisos and additional
thoughts. Memory sticks are good but can easily be lost and not so easy to
label as CDs/ DVDs. Some say that discs can degrade over time although I think
we are likely to degrade much earlier than the discs! If you really want to get
rid of images on a disc you could download them all back into your computer,
delete the ones you don't want and then make a new disc, but why bother? My
preference would be for an external hard drive because of their immense
capacity for a relatively low price and their extra applications e g back-ups
and storing music tracks. You could increase your computer's capacity such that
you would never again have to worry about running out of space. They are easy
to connect via a USB lead. I think you can get a 320 Gb one for around £70.
Have a look at the Maplin, PC World and Amazon websites.

Peter