[u3aavcuss] Re: Photo Storage

  • From: James McKay <james.mckay90@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: u3aavcuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2009 20:10:12 +0000

Pat

Any storage method is generally ok. Main difference is capacity and cost.
CD smallest  & cheapest
DVD standard has 4.7 gb more expensive than a Cd
Memory stick can be got with capacity of 32 Gb but are progressively more expensive External drive capacity is almost unlimited, I believe now in Terrabite (spelling??) territory, certainly 250 Gb or 500 are quite common and relatively not too expensive (relatively) I personally use CD's, DVD's and Memory sticks (largest one which I use is 8Gb. I do not bother to erase once I have saved to disc, However you should be able to although unless you use rewritables you will not gain anything by doing so. The temptation, I find, is to save photos which really should have been scrapped !
Jim

Pat Baker wrote:
I am now accumulating many photos on my computer, which I have copied to a DVD and then deleted.
Although I can add to the DVD I cannot delete any photos aready there.
I am now thinking to buy either a memory stick/flash drive or an external hard drive. Can anybody tell me the pros and cons of each of these and which one they would recommend?
Thanks for your input
Pat Baker