[tvservice] Re: Philips TP3669 TV Chasis 36Z500-7563

  • From: "Jan Duvenhage" <csccomp@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tvservice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 09:21:24 +0200

Hi Jim,

It?s definitely a PSU problem, common problem is the ?Kick Start? circuit
fails which comprises 2 high value (+100K) ¼ - ½ watt resistors(depending on
screen size),these resistors supply a low voltage pulse to the Fet?s at
switch on and over time the value increases significantly to the point where
switching the set of even for extended periods won?t help, these same 2
resistors also drains to ground at switch of to remove any ?floating
voltages? from the smoothing caps in the PSU , hence if the set was working
on and off and you switch it off and then back on again nothing will happen,
but over a period of 5 ? 10 minutes the voltages around drains away. Some
variants of sets might have different configurations but normally the
standard is  2. The fuse not being blown is a good sign and doesn?t point to
any short circuit devices(Diodes,Fet?s) .

Good luck

J.D.

  _____