[tvservice] Philips TP3669 TV Chasis 36Z500-7563

  • From: "Jim Bailey" <vcrfix@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <tvservice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 15:48:28 -0600

Hi, I've got a Philips TP3669 TV - Chassis 36Z500-7563

Set would not turn on after the power went out. On two previous occasions I
have unplugged it for 5 minutes and it reset and worked fine. This last
occasion the power did not go completely out, the lights just dimmed. The TV
was not on at the time, but now the set is completely dead and it won't reset
like it used to. I did hear a small click when it was plugged back in. I know
others have had the same problem with this model. I'm figuring it's something
in the power supply. Fuse is good, I didn't see any obvious signs of
destruction inside. Is this an easy fix? Which part usually fails? Is it worth
fixing? Where should I take measurements to determine the problem? Any help
would be most appreciated before I just go and buy a new TV, but I hate to if
this one is repairable. I'm no longer in the repair field, but am OK with most
repairs.

Thanks in advance,
Jim (vcrfix@xxxxxxx)