TT Q-Tip: Royal Accolades for TuneTracker Station!

  • From: Dane Scott <ttcommandcenter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tunetracker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2012 11:01:29 -0500

This week's QuickTip coming up, but first...

Greetings TuneTrackers.

Here's an exciting e-mail from Yvonne Williams of TuneTracker station
Gateway FM in Great Britain.  Read on!

--

Just a quick note to let you know that Gateway Community Media CIC,
the parent of Gateway 97.8, has been awarded the Queen's Award for

The three directors, Danny Lawrence, Ros Connors and I, had the great
good fortune to be invited to a Royal Garden Party on May 22nd at
Buckingham Palace. It is something I never imagined could happen. The
Queen, Prince Philip, Princess Anne and the Duchess of Cambridge were
all there --- along with hundreds and hundreds of guests from all over
the world.

That was the great experience of a lifetime and the great became even
greater, for Her Majesty announced on Saturday that she had chosen us
as recipients of her Queen's Award for, in the words of the citation,
"providing educational support to young people through radio
communication skills"

The Queen’s Award for Voluntary Service recognises and sets the
national benchmark for excellence in volun-teering, with the work of
those awarded being judged to be of the highest standard.

This unique UK National Honour was created by Her Majesty to mark her
Golden Jubilee in 2002 and to recognise the outstanding contributions
made to local communities by groups of volunteers.

Those receiving the Award were selected from groups nominated across
the UK  by members of the public who have seen the difference the
volunteers have made to the lives of others or witnessed the benefits
of a group’s work in their community.

As you can imagine, all our members are thrilled too, for this is
wonderfully encouraging. The formal presentation of a crystal trophy
and a certificate signed by the Queen will be made by Lord Petre, Lord
Lieutenant of Essex, who carries out many ceremonial duties on her
behalf.

I would like you to know that however proud we may feel, the Award is
a shared one, shared among our members and friends without whom none
of this would have been possible. Of course, TuneTracker, or rather
Dane Scott, is a major contributor to our success to date, so thank
you for an excellent product that has helped to make us sound good,
made teaching easier and enabled young people to achieve far more than
they imagined possible.

--

We're honored to have played a part, albeit a small one, in this
exciting accomplishment, and we wish Gateway Community Media our