TT Q-Tip: Free tool for TuneTrackers!

  • From: Dane Scott <ttcommandcenter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tunetracker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2012 10:21:07 -0500

This week's QuickTip coming up, but first...

==> Using TuneTracker on the Haiku operating system

Many of you have expressed interest and enthusiasm about the Haiku
operating system, which is a free, open source platform that is nearly
identical to BeOS.  We are successfully running nearly our entire
system under Haiku on a test machine now, and are very impressed with
its stability and speed.  At this point, we can tell you that we are
looking optimistically toward being able to offer the entire
TuneTracker System on Haiku-based "station in a box" units.

In anticipation of that, for those who are interested in adopting
early, you can purchase an upgrade to the Haiku version of the
TuneTracker System now if you like, so you can join a small group of
pioneers who are using TuneTracker under Haiku.  We'll send you our
current Haiku version, and also upgrade you to the official launch
version of TuneTracker Haiku once it is ready for release.  You can
call to order it.

We also encourage anyone interested in knowing more to join our
tthaiku e-mail group at FreeLists:

//www.freelists.org/list/tthaiku

--

QuickTip: NiceFind

The more you learn about BeOS and the TuneTracker system, the more fun
you'll have. Here's a perfect example.

In a previous QuickTip, we showed you two ways to rapidly find music
by doing a "Find" in BeOS. This time, we'll show you how to view your
Find results in a much slicker way.

You may have noticed that when your Find results are displayed, there
are three columns of information (attributes) displayed about each
file; their name, modified date, and size. Wouldn't it be nice if you
could also automatically see their other attributes in the search
window, such as "Playing Time," "Tempo," "Genre," "Album," etc? Sure
it would!

Here's a little gift we've prepared for you to download:

http://www.tunetrackersystems.com/downloads/NiceFind.zip

Unzip it to your Desktop while running BeOS, and follow the simple
installation instructions (just drag one folder into the other as
indicated). After doing so, your Find results for music searches
window will display all the same information as in the "Copyable Music
Folder" that comes in your TuneTracker installation.

Now you can do all kinds of interesting things!

Suppose you do a search for an Artist, and the list you get is long
because you have many songs by that artist. Since you can now see the
Album information, click on the "Album" column header in your Find
results window, and you can view your songs by Album.

Let's say you want a song by that same artist that is up-tempo, to
play coming out of a commercial break. Click on the "Tempo" header,
and if you have rated your songs by "Tempo," you will be able to sort
the list of songs by that artist just as quickly.

Perhaps you want to play a song by that artist, but you know you are
only going to have about three-and-a-half minutes to play it in. Click
on the column header for "Playing Time" and sort your list by song
length! Note that until a song has first played in SoundPlay, the
"Playing Time" field will be blank for that song, so sorting by
"Playing Time" will make the most sense after SoundPlay has had the
opportunity to play that song at least once before.

--

==> What is HeartSong Radio???

Whether you're just launching a brand new Christian station, or you
are in need of a format refresh at an existing station, TuneTracker
Systems is offering a superb CCM format, customizable to be either
light AC or standard AC.  Read about it, listen to the online demos,
and tell your friends in the industry!

http://www.tunetrackersystems.com/heartsongradio.html
TuneTracker QuickTips are sent out as a courtesy e-mail through TuneTracker
Support Services.  If you do not wish to receive QuickTips, please just let us
know and we'll remove you from the QuickTips list immediately.