[tunerpro] Re: 85-86 Fiero 2.5L LR8 (4 cyl) Help

  • From: Jeff Siddall <news@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tunerpro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 09:45:34 -0400

On 03/28/2012 08:55 AM, Frank Zeller wrote:
Need help

Working on 85-86 Fiero 2.5L LR8 (4 cyl)
With
Bin Definition 1C.xdf
Datastream Definition 4E.ads

Cant get the idle to lean out. BLM is 128, but its smell rich.   Thinking GM
set the idle rich to keep catalytic converter hot?  Catalytic converter has
been removed.   Is there a location in the bin were I can set oxygen mean level
at idle?

Whether you trust smell or not, an unheated narrow band sensor will not be hot enough at idle to work at all. After a short amount of idle a hot O2 sensor will cool off and you will see the PCM will go open loop. After that the PCM is just guessing what the right mixture is.

Regardless, I wouldn't worry too much about the exact AFR at idle. If your engine is idling nice and not doing anything bad (like making black smoke) just leave it. Spend your time making sure that what it is doing when you are on the throttle is correct.

Jeff
Visit the TunerPro web site at http://www.tunerpro.net/