[tunerpro] Re: 85-86 Fiero 2.5L LR8 (4 cyl) Help

  • From: Joseph Davis <pgmfielf@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tunerpro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 09:31:25 -0400

I'm sitting ten feet from my dyno, and I don't get headaches from rich
mixtures - just leaded fuels.

Hard to call Innovate units quality since they die so often.  I've three
LC-1 and an LM-2 I keep meaning to get around to fixing.  The new AFX are
awesome, though, they ship with an NTK sensor now.

Please keep in mind that air fuel ratios are not measured at any time by a
wideband, they are inferred.  I go by smell and idle quality over what a
wideband reads.  It all comes down to what the motor wants, and when I am
in doubt I cycle between wideband, read plugs, read the carbon coat in top
of the piston.  Doing a credible job with other people's engines is a
systematic process where you doubt every thing you see and every premise
you make a change on until it is verified by multiple inputs.
Datastream/sensors, power output on the rollers or timeslips at the track,
smell, the sound of the motor as it makes a pull.