[triadtechtalk] Re: message rules

  • From: avbsantos@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2003 09:31:01 -0700 (PDT)

That link for mailwasher appears to be dead, Brendan.

In case you'd like to know of a similar program which
some consider to be just as good as mailwasher check
out POPFile:

http://popfile.sourceforge.net/old_index.html

armando
--------------------------------------
Brendan O'Carroll <bocarroll@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Juanita,

I tried using Message Rules to block spam early on, but
gave up as the
spammers keep changing the subject, their addresses,
etc. etc.
The only rules I have now are to block emails over
1000KB in size, and
to deliver emails to the correct folders e.g. all Triad
posts download
directly to the Triad folder.

I now use the free version of Mailwasher to view new
email headers in
text.
I just click the delete box for all the spam emails,
read and delete
some of the others, and leave the ones I want to
download.
One click of the "Process Mail" button and the spam is
gone, and OE
opens and downloads only the email I want.

The current free version (2.0.40) only supports one
email account.
http://www.mailwasher.net/

The earlier version I have (2.0.28) supports multiple
accounts, and can be found here:
http://www.dslreports.com/r0/download/317579~cdeb03c3d1d63ff9fce472f8afe2bc1c/mailwasher2b28.zip

Hope this helps,
Brendan