[triadtechtalk] Re: message rules

  • From: avbsantos@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 23:28:32 -0700 (PDT)

Capital letters and lower case differ. That's how these
"lowlifes" defeat the rules, by changing the lettering
in the headers, body of the message, etc.

You only click 'apply' for each complete message rule.

Take a look in OE's "Help" tab. Under "Contents and
Index" and then in "Managing large numbers of
messages"; then "Managing mail message with rules" and
there you're offered "Create...; Change...; Apply a
rule" guidelines.

I've never created any rules myself, I use 'Delete'.
<GRIN>

A "Hotmail" e-mail acct. will screen the messages with
its own set of rules, allowing you to tweak them as to
your preferences, and at the same time it scans
attachments with their built in anti-virus program. I
use it a lot.

You can sign up for an acct. here:

http://login.passport.net/uilogin.srf?id=2

But it would be easier to just write "hotmail" in the
address bar of your browser and then press Ctrl + Enter
simultaneously. (Leave out the quot. marks), you'll be
taken to the very same address above.

HTH,
armando
---------------------------------
On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 19:23:15 -0500, "Juanita Kimble"
wrote:

> > which I got thru this list to which I have
subscribed:
> > http://www.scambusters.org

> Good info.
> But when you are making message rules in OE, do you
> have to click apply now to each word you type in? Also
> does it
> matter if you use capitol letter or not.
>
> Juanita
>
> VIEW ARCHIVES @ //www.freelists.org
>
> UNSUBSCRIBE by sending email to
> triadtechtalk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with unsubscribe