[triadtechtalk] Task Scheduler & Standby

  • From: Harold B <harold7@xxxxxxx>
  • To: triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2003 03:20:37 -0500

Hello List,

I have Windows 98 and I put the computer in Standby mode each
night (or when I'm not using it for a short period of time) so
as not to keep opening and shutting the system, and contrary
to what some say, I have no trouble with it.

One reason I don't use Task Scheduler (like during the night)
is that I don't want the computer to remain ON "just waiting
for me to use it again" ... I'd rather it go into Standby.

Is it possible to operate the Task Scheduler each night and
then automatically have the computer go into Standby? ...
Harold