[triadtechtalk] Re: Super Disk Software

  • From: ChasM49@xxxxxxx
  • To: triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2003 15:42:12 EST

In a message dated 12/27/2003 1:20:59 PM Central Standard Time, brian99@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
So before I proceed I would sure appreciate any additional suggestions.
if your ls120 disk is external to your computer it is connected thru LPT1.. the printer prot and your printer is then connected to the super disk.... ... if so.. then you need those files and can get updates from the Imation site and reinstallthem.

if your ls120 is mounted internal inyour computer and shows on the boot process then it is connected thru an ide bus and those files can be dumped as they do not work nor are needed by the drive since it is internal to your pc

when it is an external drive it works slowly so needs an assitance to give it any speed.. thats what the accelrator program is for..... when it is an internal drive it uses the bios and operating system files for the ide drives and is much faster.

so... simply.. if its mounted outside your pc and hooks up to the printer port, then yes get new files form imation.... the same thing goes if it is external to your pc but uses the esb connection to your computer..... there were a bunch of modles of the ls120 as it came out and progressed..... the first was the external parallel poort version,then ub and then internal ide the same as regualr hardrive and cr rom drive connections.. when it is an external drive you must have the prgrmaing for either parallel port or usb that sppeds up its performance... if internal the files do nothing......
 hope that is bit cleaer and more understandable for you..... let me know what version you have and will then be able to better define what to do....btw.. I have all 3 versions of the ls120,but now only use the internal models on my computers....
                                                                                   chuck...in ok