[triadtechtalk] Re: RegOpenKeyEx

  • From: avbsantos@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 07:52:56 -0800 (PST)

If I well recall, you're PC is Widows XP. Home or Pro &
how much RAM?

Are you logged as administrator when the "RegOpenEx:
handle is invalid" occurrs?

Scroll 1/3 down on this page for a description of
"regOpenEx". Apparently something has gone awry and my
suggestion is to try to restore to your previous
working settings. Hopefully this will work.
http://www.windowsitlibrary.com/Content/595/1.html

Also, doesn't EasyCleaner have a "restore" capability
enabled by default? Try that first.

I'll keep a-lookin' in the meantime!

On Mon, 8 Dec 2003 23:11:01 +1100, "Sandy O'Neill"
wrote:

> Thanks Armando
> I did that and it is the same problem except that I
> learned something else:
> WHATEVER I right click on (file, folder, drive,
> anything)...and then click
> properties, it comes up with the same RegOpenKeyEx
> message.
> I have two separate hard drives Armando, my C drive on
> which is the
> operating system etc, and the other hard drive which
is
> partitioned into D
> and F drives.
> Does this give you any more insight into the problem?
> Thanks again, Sandy :)

though
> > I'm willing to learn a new one. ;)
> >
> > HTH,
> > armando
> >
> > On Mon, 8 Dec 2003 21:49:00 +1100, "Sandy O'Neill"
> > wrote:
> >
> > A bit more information on that last
> > post. I have not intentionally been fiddling with
the
> > Registry. The only thing I
> > have done is a registry cleanup with RegCleaner - JV
> > powertools - but have done
> > this regularly with no ill effect and certainly
never
> > had this message
> > before.
> > Thanks, Sandy :)