[triadtechtalk] Re: RegOpenKeyEx

  • From: avbsantos@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 03:27:07 -0800 (PST)

Insert a CD in the drive and right click on it in
explorer and on properties-now you should get the
proper description.

I don't know what your "F" drive is, is it a HDD or a
removable device? If it's a removable device and not
present when you try to ID its properties then you
should get the obvious "RegOpenKeyEx: The handle is
Invalid" comment from Windows.

That's what I think is happening in your case, though
I'm willing to learn a new one. ;)

HTH,
armando

On Mon, 8 Dec 2003 21:49:00 +1100, "Sandy O'Neill"
wrote:

A bit more information on that last
post. I have not intentionally been fiddling with the
Registry. The only thing I
have done is a registry cleanup with RegCleaner - JV
powertools - but have done
this regularly with no ill effect and certainly never
had this message
before.
Thanks, Sandy :)