[triadtechtalk] Re: More gmail

  • From: "Richard" <modelworker@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2005 10:21:07 -0700

Degilbo wrote:

Those are interesting observations, Richard, but where do they differ from
using Outlook, Outlook Express, Yahoo Mail, or Hotmail?

It doesn't differ by *much,* but this is Google, and I was expecting a bit more "elegance," thatz all.

And as
Gmail now allow you 2 GB's of storage, why worry if you have a pile of
messages in the "Trash" folder :-)?

I'm funny that way, I guess. Even if I don't see it, it's still there, and it.... bothers me, somehow.

Now, you have me puzzled on the "Edit Subject" - where did you find that?

When one clicks the "reply" button, the original message is displayed, but the original "subject" line is not. To reveal it (and, in turn, change it, if need be), one has to click the "Edit Subject" button. Again, rather odd, I think. It's just another step.

We just have to change our way of thinking about web based mail
to accommodate the way it works. It's a whole new ball game now.

Well, yes, if we want to use it, we have to. Don't get me wrong - I like Gmail, but I would like it even better if those little nitpicks were addressed.

Richard