[triadtechtalk] Re: Chuck & free AV

  • From: ChasM49@xxxxxxx
  • To: triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 09:14:06 EDT

In a message dated 9/14/2001 3:12:22 AM Central Daylight Time,
avbsantos@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Hope you're feeling well from your operation(was it not you had a surgical
> intervention for his back?)

thanks and yes was me....the updates thing is what I get concerned about....
as the idiots wwho are writing these nasties always seem to be a jump ahaead
... and Nortons does seem to have a pretty good catch on the newest ones...
but.. one thing I have noticed about Nortons is that many a time it doesnt
catch the worm or virus until it is on the pc.... where as Kasperskis sounds
a warning that a nasty is attempting to load while on line and stops it in
its tracks.. plus Kasperskis in my mind has a heck of a lot more info on
virus info and way more intructional info on how to remove them if you do get
caught.... and also can send them a copy of a suspect file for analysis with
return info fairly quick..... but again it aint free.... and as I have said..
this old web is at the point where it is shortly going to be a pay as you go
deal unfortunatley.... getting to bottom line... the good old buck
everyplace.......dont like that idea but it sure is headed that way..
Chuck.... in Ok