[touchinglives] Fwd: Income Generation Activity for NGOs in Bombay

  • From: Touching Lives <sonia.touchinglives@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: touchinglives@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 23:11:44 +0530

i guess, we should talk to this guy...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Sonia Mackwani <sonia.mackwani@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 10:49 PM
Subject: Fwd: Income Generation Activity for NGOs in Bombay
To: sonia.touchinglives@xxxxxxxxx

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Chandni Parekh <chandni_parekh@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, Jun 12, 2010 at 2:06 PM
Subject: Income Generation Activity for NGOs in Bombay

  From: Anand Tharaney
June 8, 2010

Greetings!

I am writing this mail on behalf of Grandmother India, a graphic design and
branding studio based out of Mumbai. We have been approached by an
international bag maker to design and partner in the production of their
bags. As part of their social initiative, we are looking for an organisation
that works for the empowerment of women in India, and one that can
participate in the production of the bags. These products are meant to be
hand-made by women that are poor and uneducated and from an extreme social
background thus giving them an opportunity to learn skills and earn a
living.

The bag though fairly simple in construction, is a highly finished product
and a designer item made from a unique recyclable paper like material that
needs to be machine-sewn with some handmade finishing to make the bag.

Kindly do let us know your interest in this project. We would be happy to
know more about your organisation and the profile of the women group you are
working with.

Thanks.

Kind regards,

Anand Tharaney