[torontocbm] Re: Rear Admiral Tunderdrive (CMD HD)

  • From: James Alexander <james.m.alexander@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: torontocbm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 01 Jan 2012 12:03:29 -0500

On 20/12/2011 9:45 AM, Leif Bloomquist wrote:

On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 12:26 AM, Robin Harbron <macbeth@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:macbeth@xxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    I'm usually excited about any hardware developments - but even in
    Commodore-land, this seems really old-fashioned and horrifically
    overpriced.  $600!

    Is there any reason to prefer this over a uIEC?

    Robin.

The same guy also produced the "Rear Admiral" Lt. Kernal hard drive clone a while back, which made more sense because several BBS programs supported it. I originally had them confused. Yeah, that's a lot of money. You can probably buy an original CMD HD on eBay for $600.

-Leif

--
Leif Bloomquist
leif@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:leif@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

On the topic of bbs's has anyone tried what works on the uIEC's? this is still on my to do list and haven't had a chance to yet. A cool project if people are interested might be modifying or creating something to work on a uIEC and would also have the option of using the Ethernet cartridges Jim Brain sells.