[tn-moths] Re: Clover Looper Moth?

  • From: Harold Howell <howellh2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 10:17:47 -0500

Richard,

I know it is very unusual, but one is hanging out in Sevier County at a
small pond alongside US 411 between Sevierville and Chestnut Hill.  The bird
has been posted on TN-Bird  and mentioned in Marcia Davis’ column in the
Knoxville News-Sentinel last Sunday.  It is still at the location as stated.
If you are coming from the north, it is 5.6 miles south on US 411 from its
intersection with State Route 92 in Chestnut Hill and 9.4 miles north of
downtown Sevierville, TN.  “Done Right Automotive” is directly across the
road from the reedy pond, and is the best landmark.  The bird is still
hanging out with an American Coot.  Both were very cooperative.  Three
Ring-necked Ducks were also on the pond when I arrived.  Photos of the
Common Gallinule are posted here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hsquare/6827318767/in/photostream

Best regards,

Harold Howell