[tn-moths] Clover Looper Moth?

  • From: Harold Howell <howellh2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2012 12:03:55 -0500

I found this moth last Sunday while I was photographing a Common Gallinule
(bird) in Sevier County.  I think it may be a Hodges # 8738, Clover Looper
Moth, but I am not sure.  It could be a Forage Looper.  Either way, it is an
exceptionally early sighting (or exceptionally late, if that¹s an
overwintering adult). It was in Sevier County, on US 411 between Sevierville
and Chestnut Hill.  Comments will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Harold Howell
Grainger County
Rutledge, TN