[tn-dragonflies] Re: ID confirmation needed

  • From: Avian Pursuits Nature Tours <naturetours@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-dragonflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 04:55:30 -0800 (PST)

I think you are correct. Everything else matches - gray thorax, bluish eyes.
Lateral abdomen pattern matches well. I guess the dark on top of the abdomen to
S7 is just normal variation, especially since no other species is really
suggested by the rest of the look of your dragon.
I would have looked at it and quickly said, "Blue-faced Meadowhawk." Glad you
posted this - should remind us to look more carefully at all things we try to
identify. Better way to learn the details of each species.
 David Trently
Avian Pursuits Nature Tours
...come see the real world!
Knoxville, TN