[tn-dragonflies] Grainger County, 29 June 2013

  • From: Harold Howell <howellh2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tn-dragonflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tn-dragonflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2013 19:10:21 -0400

Yesterday  I visited Euless Pond in Grainger County, TN.  This pond is
located on privet property off of Burkhart Road.  Species seen were the
following:

Double-striped Bluets (Ovipositing) Enallagama Basidens
Banded Pennants (Wheel Posit) Celithemis fasciata
Eastern Pondhawk (M) Erythemis simplicicollis
Spangled Skimmers (Wheel Posit) Libellula cyanea
Great Blue Skimmer (M) Libellula vibrans
Widow Skimmer (M) Libellula luctuosa
Common Whitetail  (M&F) Plathemis lydia
Blue Dasher (M) Pachydiplax longipennis
Eastern Amberwing (M&F) Perithemis tenera
Ruby Meadowhawk (M) Sympetrum rubicundulum
Black Saddlebags (Tandem ovipositing) Tramea lacerata

Photos of most of these can be seen starting Here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hsquare/9179293190/in/photostream/

And ending here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hsquare/9179306548/in/photostream/

The Ruby Meadowhawk is a new record for Grainger County, TN.  The Black
Saddlebags would also have been a new record if I could have obtained a
decent photo.  I will have to go back with my net.

Best regards,

Harold Howell
Grainger County
Rutledge, TN