[tn-dragonflies] Re: Grainger County, 29 June 2013

  • From: Rick Phillips <sunfish0501@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-dragonflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2013 19:48:10 -0400

Nice list, Harold. I was at Phipps Bend in Hawkins County today and had a
pair of Halloween Pennants in tandem and ovipositing. I barely caught a
poor photo of the pennants in flight (they did not stop or even slow down).
Also saw:

Eastern Pondhawk (M and F)
Spangled Skimmer
Slaty Skimmer
Widow Skimmer
Common Whitetail
Blue Dasher (M and F)
Band-winged Meadowhawk (M and F)
Halloween Pennant (M and F)
and several unidentified dragonflies and damsels

photo of the Halloween Pennants:
[image: Inline image 1]

Rick Phillips
Kingsport, Sullivan County, Tennessee