[tn-dragonflies] Fall odes Carter Co.

  • From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "Rconnorsphoto@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: tn-dragonflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2014 20:30:15 -0400

Visiting Carter County last week the I found the Odes down to the
late-season regulars. The Big 3 were Shadow Darner, Autumn Meadowhawk, and
Great
Spreadwing, with anything else in low numbers. Just checked a few of my usual
sites, with the rain keeping my field time limited. Overcast and light rain
 does not seem to bother the Shadow Darners, they are out early and  late,
and seem to thrive in cooler conditions. One late-season target  species I
had hoped to see, Spotted Spreadwing, did not show up. See short  list below.

Richard Connors
Nashville

Great Spreadwing  - one to several present at most  sites
Slender Spreadwing -  at Roan Mt SP Visitor Cntr. pond
Familiar Bluet - 1
Fragile Forktail - 1
Shadow Darner - common and dominating at most sites
Fawn Darner - 1  (Unicoi Co)
Autumn Meadowhawk - com. to abundant most sites
red-type saddlebags - 1 over meadow at Roan Mt.  SP