[TN-Butterflies] latest records posted to bamona website; additional confused cloudywing photos posted to my website

  • From: Stephen Stedman <SStedman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN Butterflies <TN-Butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 14:01:15 -0500

The latest batch of county butterfly records that I submitted to BAMONA
were posted last Friday; if you turned in any records during the first
two weeks of July, please have a look at the website and be sure that
all your records through mid-July have been posted.  I am working on the
next batch which will probably go out late this week.

Polk County is now up to 101 species and Hamilton 90 species, and the
state total is 136.

I've also posted some additional photos of cloudywings that appear to be
Confused Cloudywings to the page of my website that has the 2009 FOY
sightings; thanks to Ken Childs for permission to post these.  In the
past three years that I have been reviewing TN butterfly records for
BAMONA, the only Confused Cloudywings that were well photographed AND
that appeared to be this species have been the three that are now posted
at that page, so might pay to get familiar with these.  The species
might be more widespread than these few sightings indicate.

Good butterflying, Steve Stedman

Cookeville (Putnam County)