[TN-Butterflies] darn duskywing

  • From: Rconnorsphoto@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 09:14:17 EDT

Oct. 5, 2010 Cordell Hull Birthplace SP, Pickett County TN

Those Darn Duskywings! I thought I was through with them for this year.
Please see attached photo. After struggling with the identification process,
going back and fourth with Juvenal's and Horace's and not being satisfied
with  either (this should be too late to see Juvenal's), I finally read down
far  enough in Glassburg under Wild Indigo DW to see under illustration #2
plate #52  female, from above "... hind wing usually with pale, straight and
thin  cell-end bar." This individual looked more the size of
Horace's/Juvenal's and  not any smaller, but I believe this field mark
indicates Wild
Indigo. See if you  agree.
Wild Indigo already on the Pickett Co. list at BAMONA.

Richard Connors
Nashville

JPEG image