[TN-Butterflies] FOY Hamilton County

  • From: "Dave Spicer" <birdsnbflys@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TN-Butterflies" <TN-Butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2014 18:09:39 -0400

We drove around Enterprise South Nature Park this afternoon. We had a number of
Falcate Orangetips in various places. At one flowering fruit tree we had three
Eastern Commas and a Duskywing. I never did get a look at the underside of the
wings so I don’t know if it was a Horace’s or a Juvenal’s.

At a Redbud tree on Bunker Loop we had Spring Azure, Eastern Tiger Swallowtail,
a Hairstreak that was probably a Gray and a Juvenal’s Duskywing. Along the road
we had a couple of Mourning Cloaks.

At Standifer Gap Marsh we had a Clouded Sulphur.

Dave Spicer
Ooltewah, Hamilton County