[TN-Butterflies] Clouded Versus Orange Sulphur

  • From: Harold Howell <howellh2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN Butterflies <TN-Butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 22:41:33 -0400

All,

These butterflies were photographed today at Mossy Creek Wildlife Viewing
Area in Jefferson City, TN.  This is a wet area along a creek normally
backed up by a beaver dam.  The creek empties into Cherokee Lake.  After
consulting three field guides, I believe that they are a male Clouded
Sulphur and white female Orange Sulphur.  I would appreciate your comments.

Best regards,

Harold Howell
Grainger County, TN