[TN-Butterflies] Clifton Bend Fall count Saturday

  • From: Bart Jones <bjones7777@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Barbara Korpi <bkormobile@xxxxxxxxx>, Bob Ford <robert_p_ford@xxxxxxx>, Brady Jones <bradyajones1@xxxxxxxxx>, Cameron Frechette <clfrechette@xxxxxxx>, Donna Ward <wardd9@xxxxxxxxx>, Jim Johnson <bubo1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Kris Branum <krispy96907@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Mary Baker <marybaker476@xxxxxxxxx>, Scott Brown <scottbrownphd@xxxxxxxxx>, "tn-butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tn-butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2012 21:42:08 -0500

Hi Folks,The Clifton Bend Fall Count will be held this Saturday, the 25th,
starting at 9:30.  We will meet at the parking lot at Carroll Cabin Barrens
State Natural Area.  Remember, there is a $3 fee.  Since this is a seasonal
count, we will have to have at least 4 observers and put in a total of at least
6 party-hours.  We will have lunch at Meo Mio's Cajun restaurant.  Last year
this count had very high numbers of Cloudless Sulphurs, Sleepy Oranges, and
Red-banded Hairstreaks, plus a continent-high number of White-M Hairstreaks.
Looking for good numbers again as the Frostweed should be in peak bloom as well
as Slender Blazing Star at Carroll Cabin.  Let me know if you plan to make it.
 See you Saturday,Bart