[TN-Butterflies] Another trip to Satyr Heaven

  • From: kjchilds <kjchilds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN Butterflies <TN-Butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 06:24:43 -0700 (PDT)

On Saturday, I went back to my friend's property in western Chester County and
covered a lot more area than on the first trip. There were fewer Satyrs and I
didn't seen any Red-spotted Purples this time, maybe because it wasn't as hot
out.

I'm fairly confident of the ID's on the App Brown and the Northern P-E but
since I haven't received any confirmations yet, these 2 species are tentative.

7/18/09
Totals for about 2 hours of looking.
Northern Pearly-eye  3 (FOY and BAMONA record)
Southern Pearly-eye  1
Pearly-eye sp  8
Appalachian Brown 5  (FOY and BAMONA record)
Common Wood-Nymph  1 (FOY)
Little Wood-Satyr  31
Carolina Satyr     14
Little Yellow  5
Eastern Tailed-blue  1
Northern Cloudywing  1

Ken Childs
Henderson, TN
Chester County

http://www.finishflagfarms.com

The FAQ can be found by logging in at
//www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/lsg2.cgi/l=tn-butterflies

Please report any abuse or questions about this list to:
kjchilds@xxxxxxxxxx

Users can unsubscribe from this list by sending email to
tn-butterflies-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe'
in the Subject field.