[tn-bird] Re: dumping of geese

  • From: Linda Kuczwanski <kuczwanski@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 08:56:56 -0600

Thanks again, folks.  I did call the TWRA number in Jackson, TN that Mr.
Coffey offered and spoke to this dispatcher who said he would get an
officer out there as soon as they have time, and I left my name and
number for any assistance I can offer.  The dispatcher said that it was
unlikely they would catch who did this, but that they would watch the
site for any further activity.

The 800 number for the TWRA has been constantly busy, and I haven't
gotten through there.  I called and left a message for Scott Banbury and
I am leaving my number on this email in case I can offer any more
assistance on these birds.  If anyone else wants to investigate, they are
under the third bridge north of Shelton Road on Collierville-Arlington
Road, just outside the Collierville town limits.  The second bridge has
water under it and the third bridge has a small road beside it that
allows traffic to drive under the bridge, back toward the water.  It is
here that someone apparently dumped the sixty geese, almost all snow and
blue phase snow geese.  I am sorry to say it was the closest I'd ever
been to one.

Linda Kuczwanski
Memphis, TN  38119
901-753-5531