[tn-bird] Re: dumping of geese

  • From: Tanya_Iles@xxxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 15:28:08 -0500

At least you don't have HUMAN BODIES dumped everywhere like we do down here!
What a nightmare!  The traffic is horrendous to say the least.

On a lighter note, I am proud to add a (very) juvenile Red-tailed Hawk to my
resident yard bird list (Hamilton County, TN).  He is very tolerant of people
and will let you stand right by him as he perches in the yards of the
neighborhood.  My husband, Greg, is the one who first spotted him and I believe
he is more excited than I am!  He does not consider himself to be a "birder", so
I am quite proud of his discovery as well.  I think he may be coming around to
"our side" more than he realizes!   The hawk was sitting in the neighbors front
yard yesterday, less than 15 feet up in a tree, and we were able to get right
beside him without him even flinching.   He filled up the entire view of the
binoculars and when he would look straight at us, it would give me chills!  What
a wonderful, BEAUTIFUL bird!  No matter how many times I see them, I still get
just as excited as the first time I ever saw one.

Good birding!
Tanya Iles
Ringgold, GA

"Wallace Coffey" <jwcoffey@xxxxxxxx> on 02/18/2002 09:38:13 PM

Please respond to tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

To:   tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc:    (bcc: Tanya Iles/Synthetic)

Subject:  [tn-bird] Re: dumping of geese

Linda:

Contact:

TENNESSEE WILDLIFE RESOURCES AGENCY
200 LOWELL THOMAS DR
JACKSON, TN
(731)423-5725

Tell them you want someone to do something about
it immediately.  Tell them you don't want to read about
it in the Memphis newspaper.  Tell them do it now.
Tell them to do it today.  And, tell everyone on TN-Birds
what they did or didn't do.  It looks like we need to
start holding TWRA a little more accountable.

Birders seem to have more tolerance for TWRA then
they've been having for birders.  If we are going to be
good guys, TWRA needs to be good guys also.
We like being good guys!  We also like good guys!

The western Tennessee TWRA law enforcement
people may just need a good sheep dip!  Is the
region manager a sheep?

Wallace Coffey
Bristol, TN