[TN-Bird] White-winged Scoters - Knox Co.

  • From: "Ron Hoff" <aves7000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TN-bird" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2015 16:59:22 -0500

TN-birders,

Dollyann and I went over to the Concord Marina area this afternoon, hoping to
re-find the Lesser Black-backed Gull found found by the Clendenons the other
day. No luck with that.

On the way home, via Pellissippi Parkway going to Oak Ridge, we drove across
the Solway Bridge on the Anderson County/Knox County line. Dollyann saw a bird
on the water and we decided to check it out. We turned east onto Highway 170
and pulled into the first lakeside parking lot available. From there we set up
the scope and found 3 WHITE-WINGED SCOTERS. One was directly under the bridge
and the other two were floating around with a flock of Redheads. We found our
first ever Anderson County White-winged Scoter last year under the same bridge
on March 13.

Great birding,
Ron Hoff and Dollyann Myers
Clinton, TN