[TN-Bird] White-throated Sparrow

  • From: "Tommy Curtis" <tcbirdwatch@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TN-Bird Post" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 17:15:43 -0500

Our FOS White-throated Sparrow just came out of the brush pile and began
eating the seed on the ground.  We've also had a female Ruby-throated
Hummingbird at our nectar feeder for the past 4 days.  The Rose-breasted
Grosbeaks are in their fifth week now and we still delight in watching them
work their way through the weed patch eating the natural seeds and
occasionally coming to the open feeder for a few sunflower seeds.  No new
warblers this week but since the Yellow-rumped have not shown up yet, we
still have hope of seeing a few more.

Tommy & Virginia Curtis

Smithville, TN

DeKalb County